I was in bed by 10:30 last night, so I woke up early enough for a pre-class workout. I ate a plain Ezekiel english muddin to fuel 45 minutes of sweaty ellipticizing at 10 resistance, 10 incline. Some old school Spice Girls kept me going. What's your most embarrassing workout jam?
I came home, showered, and ate breakfast while G-reading.
Ezekiel + ~1.5 c Kashi GoLean, 1/2 container bloobs, ~1c Almond Dream (Please excuse the gaggy lighting- I had to use the flash since the roomies weren't up yet!)
A combination of laziness and cold had caused me to dress in jeans, a sweatshirt and sneakers, but this girl's 'fit inspired a slightly more fashionable change into jeans, a sweater and boots. SnackFace always looks fierce, regardless of the cold :)
I went to class #1, Readings in French Literature from 1800-Present, and returned home with a deli favorite for lunch:
Healthy Korner Vegetarian Power-Fu sandwich, steamed tricolor peppers, nanner with ~2 T Maranatha PB. These things look foul, but taste like absolute lunch bliss.
Tummy satisfied, I bolted to class #2: Einstein's Universe. 200 people + science + 90 degree heat = sleepy Gabriela. I was super excited to get back into the cold air and return home for some snackage:
Fuji apple, ~1 T Maranatha PB, 1 mini box of raisins. 20, going on 2. I have just enough PB left for my first OIAJ tomorrow!
The past few hours have been spent planning tonight's celebrations...we're going to an Italian restaurant near Mike for a group dinner. Tomorrow Mike is taking me to Candle 79 for my birthday dinner. I can't wait! I've wanted to try it forever! My new favorite veggie combination made an appearance amidst the preparations:
Steamed broccoli topped with salt and nutritional yeast. I could eat this forever!
Sorry to be so short and sweet today! I still have a ton of reading to do before heading uptown. I'll be back tomorrow with a recap of the evening (cake, anyone?) Have a great night!
What's your ideal birthday celebration? Are you a huge party girl, or a dinner with friends type? And while we're at it, what would be your favorite birthday cake?






18 comments:
Loving the eats!!!
That Power fu sandwich thing loks so good, where is it from??
I love how you did the apple with PB and raisins too!!
Yay for OIAJ!!!!! So happy you are going to try it, what PB jar is empty?? Is it a PB&Co one?
When is your birthday, this week?
I bet you and Mike will have an amazing birthday dinner girl : )
My favorite birthday cake is Mint Chocolate from Coldstone, it is to die for, any of their icecream cakes are!! Mike got me the mint one for my birthday last year, we crammed it!!!
I cant believe you never got a PINK dog from Vic Secret, they are being shady!
Love ya!
Happy Birthday!!!!! Sounds like you have some great celebrations planned!
I like chocolate cake...boring, right? But SO good :-) I also like the bad, bad, icing with the colored dots in it that you're not supposed to eat after you're like, five years old. Can't help myself! :-)
Happy Birthday! Your food looks so yummy!
I like celebrating my bday with a few close friends by having a meal. I also like to celebrate separately with my family and my boyfriend so I get 3 celebrations! As for the cake, I think chocolate is always a winner, the bigger the bettet! Enjoy all your celebrations!
Happy Birthday! From college on I spent my birthdays partying, and the last few have been spent being a little too crazy at bars. I would like to change up my next birthday and do something different.
My favorite cake is anything with a lot of icing! I really don't even eat the cake, just the icing.
Happy Birthday!!!!!! Hope you have a GREAT night!
My fav way to celebrate my birthday is to do something active, kinda adventurous and unusual. Last year we went white water rafting with my sister and her boyfriend. I don't know yet what this year's will be: maybe ziplining, or waterskiing or even parasailing. I usually also celebrate with my friends. Nothing crazy, just a small dinner. And finally the husband takes me out to the coolest places for a romantic diner. Always feels like my birthday lasts a whole week ;) And it is only 3 weeks after our wedding anniversary. July is a good month!
For cake, I always have a french chocolate and coffee cake called Opéra. So good!
Anyways, you have fun! It's your big day!!!
That apple looks amazing! Happy Birthday - hope you have a great dinner:)
I love dinner parties or going out to dinner with friends for birthdays. I also love doing something outdoorsy/adventurous. A few years ago I went on a solo hike in Stowe and carried up a cupcake to eat at the top. It was very memorable.
Don't get me started on cakes - I'm haven't met one I haven't liked! However, I love carrot cakes the most.
What's nutritional yeast all about????
Happy Almost birthday!! I had the BEST 20th birthday party and did some naughty things. Hope you do too!
I'm turning 20 this year and it to me its kinda not a big deal but I do feel kinda ancient turning twenty! So many important things happen in your twenties its crazzy! I hope you have super amazing birthday girl!
CARROT CAKE. With a few close friends. That's enough for me on my birthday. :)
oh this looks yum: Fuji apple, ~1 T Maranatha PB, 1 mini box of raisins
BUT your dinner at candle....HAVE FUN!!! and HAppy BDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo
happy early birthday! so exciting! hope you have a great time celebrating, enjoy a piece of cake for me too ;) i really love how you put that fuji+nut butter+raisin concoction together, so pretty and i'm sure it was delicious!
birthday celebration! DANCING!
and good freinds, of course:)
cake.. angel food :)
or chocolate!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I am a HUGE Birthday Fan... I think out of all the days in anyone's life it is the MOST important day.. because it is celebration of that person. I want it all cake, party, dinner, dancing, cards...
I would love to try candle 79...
20 definitely felt anti-climatic. But 21 you'll have a great time!
I actually prefer a good dinner with friends. It's my favorite. Parties can be fun too though...I guess I'm just happy either way! :)
Happy Early Birthday, hun!!! :) UH Im 7 yrs older than you so now my birthdays are all about being low-key with just family BUT when I was 21 I was the one at the bar with a tiara and 18 drinks in front of me. lol
Your eats look fabulous ;)
lunch bliss?! sounds fantastic! i love how cute your apple snack is but hate raisins.. i bet i could do it with craisins!
20 definitely felt much older for me...but then again it is so frustrating just wanting to be 21 already!
What is in that glorious looking Fu sandwich??
Haha, when I turned 20, I got pretty depressed. I felt sooo old, and I haven't even entered college at that point!
I hate cake, so I'll skip it, but I love a dinner out with just my family, or close friends. As long as I don't have to pay, tee hee!
Post a Comment