It just takes some time,
Little girl you’re in the middle of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright, alright.
- Jimmy Eat World, The Middle
Can it really be the middle of June already? Summer is flying by! When I was a kid I didn’t get why adults complained about time passing so quickly, but the older I get, the more I understand.
I woke up at six this morning to exercise before my internship. I was absolutely not feeling strength training, so I listened to my body, grabbed a pre-workout banana and cranked out an easy 45 minutes on the elliptical instead. Early AM workouts really set a great tone for the day!
Breakfast was a refreshing and patriotic bowl of overnight oats:
¾ c oats, 1 c So Delicious coconut kefir, raspberries and blueberries. So refreshing!
For lunch, I topped some Ezekiel bread with Naturally Nutty vanilla almond butter and a ripe peach. Green grapes and an apple pie Larabar rounded out the meal.
When I got home from the hospital, I was in a baking mood, so I used Katie’s recipe for raw chocolate cake. In the process, I snacked on plenty of walnuts, dates, and a few spoonfuls of the finished product. I can see why Evan raves about this cake- it’s simple and deliciously decadent!
For dinner, I was craving a salad beast! It’s been awhile since I had one. This contained spring mix, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, Veggie Patch falafel balls, and a huge glob of TJ’s horseradish hummus (which is quickly becoming my new favorite). On the side I had a habanero lime tortilla- you all know what they look like by now J
Dessert was a small apple and a Clif Mojo bar. This bar is one of my all-time favorites; who can resist peanut butter and pretzels? The sugar is a bit high, but it makes a great dessert.
I’m off- going to spend some QT with la famille, have a slice of raw chocolate cake and get to bed early this evening! Hope you all have a wonderful hump day!
What’s one fun thing you’ve done this June? And what’s another thing you’re looking forward to doing before the month is over? I’ve loved going to the beach and celebrating my best friend’s birthday, and I’m looking forward to my brother’s fiance’s bachelorette party this weekend!
When is your favorite time to workout? I’m definitely a morning girl- it gets me energized for the rest of the day!






48 comments:
Hey, girl! Just wanna tell you that I love the new look! It's so summery and fresh :)
I, also, have a hard time believing that it's already the middle of June. It's actually been a pretty quiet and lazy month for me... lots of time spent on the trails by the river, and relaxing in the sun. Things are going to get a little more busy, though, as I'll be starting to shadow that R.D in a few days, so that's something I'm definitely looking forward to.
And I'm completely with you on being a morning girl. That's the time I feel the most energetic and it really does set a great tone for the rest of the day.
Hope you're having a great night!
1. LOVE the new layout
2. That song lyric.. um can you read my mind because that was EXACTLY what I needed to hear, so thank you
3. Those bars are my absolute favorite.. amazing
4. The cake sounds amazing
5. Love you and miss you!!!
I love working out in the morning too- sets the pace for a healthy day!
I had fun when I went to the bar with some friends. And I'm really looking forward to going to the beach!
I'm a morning workout person too. I enjoy afternoon workouts too, but I like my routine of going to the gym in the A.M!
I've never tried a raw dessert before, but they sound so interesting! Do you have any pics of yours? :)
Hi twin!!!! I love ya!! LOVE the new layout!! I love the color!!!! It rocks!!!!!
I love working out in the mornings, I usually eat breakfast, I eat at 6 am!! I let breakfast digest and then gym it up! Def a morning gym person! Sets the tone for the day and gives me energy!!!!
U know I love mojos!!!!!!!!!! Had the mountain mix one today for a snack!!!!!
Love ya girl!!! Have a great night!! xoxo
The new layout is fabulous!!
I love working out at 12 p.m. or 5 p.m. - or both!
I JUST listened to the middle today - rando!!
lovin the new layout!
i also workout in the morning, i like getting it over with!
i work out after work around 615-630 99% of the time, but i loooove working out in the morning on the weekend. it feels so good to get it out of the way and i feel more productive than ever!
Loving the new layout!
the raw chocolate cake sounds amazing!! it's like a giant larabar - can't go wrong with that!
and i hear ya on the june thing. seriously - this year needs to slooowwww downnnn, already. Teddie has definitely been my favorite thing so far :P
Not sure if we already told you, but love the new look! We need to update our blog one day.
Love working out in the morning, because it helps get me going for the day.
Love the new layout!!! Yes, aren't you so excited about the new Laras??! Apple Pie flavor will always be in my life though :) I'm a little scared of falafel...is it good?!
Holy Food Yum!! This post has me drooling over here! Come cook for me?! LOL! I think I mentioned before but I really love the new look! :)
Omg this look Gabriela is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know how annoying and labor intensive and white knucle it can be to re-do your site ( i re did mine 3-4 mos ago). I LOVE This melon color. It's so fresh! And the white background.
Girl. This site is like 1 million times easier to read for me and it's SO YOU! Bright, classy, cheerful. A KEEPER!!
Thx for your artful words today to my commenter. Oy. It takes people chiming in that are NOT me in order for them to see that yes, they are so off base sometimes.
xoxo
I totally agree about time passing more quickly as I get older. I definitely don't want summer to end!
You and I were definitely on the same page for breakfast this morning. I also made patriotic oats with strawberries and blueberries. It was total yum, even though I've yet to jump on the OO train. I'm totally jealous of your Naturally Nutty. I've been wanting some NN vanilla almond butter or vanilla cinnamon sunflower butter but I just can't seem to find it. And it's made in my state, too! Did you buy yours online or at a store?
I wish you the best of luck with your internship! Have a lovely day!
xox
P.S. I can't remember if I already told you this, but your site looks fab! The new layout really gives it a fresh look. :)
ahh i LOVE the pb pretzel mojo bar. i eat it with an apple usually too! i love that not only are there pretzels on the bar, but there are actual PEANUT BUTTER filled pretzels! The mountain mix is good too.
and im like you- even though i have more energy at night usually when i work out (say take an evening kickboxing class), I prefer to do it in the morning. plus when i dont workout in the morning i have like NO appetite all day long. its like i have to "wake up" my appetite with some good ol' exercise! :)
I love a good morning workout! And I was just thinking to myself today how quickly summer is passing. Ahhh! I love those Mojo bars... I have one left and might go eat it now actually :)
i can workout pretty much whenever. i like the workouts in the morning because when i don't want to go to the gym or i feel like it's gonna be a bad day, my mood does a complete 180 cause of the endorphins. if i go in the afternoon, i like it too because the gym is pretty dead and sometimes i have more energy :)
During the days I intern, I HAVE to work out in the AM...otherwise by the time I get back to my apartment I am WAY too exhausted.
PS, I will deff be emailing you for some tips this week. Thank you for being so welcoming!
Yes, summer goes by WAY too fast!
And the times I like to workout vary on what I'm planning to do :-). I like to bike early in the morning, but I like to run and do yoga at night (because I am SUPER stiff in the morning!!).
hmm my comment didn't go through! I will try again...
I have yet to find that coconut kefir but need to find them because it sounds great in overnight oats! I used to love the mountain mix flavor of the mojo bars cause it had dark chocolate and was salty...perfect combo!
So far in June I haven't done too much...just date nights with the boy like sushi, movies, a baseball game.
I also am moving in with him so I am excited to be getting out of my parents after being here a few months since leaving ny.
I can workout morning or night really but prefer morning if I want the energy for the day!
hey Gabrielle! just found your blog and i love it!! jimmy eat world used to be one of my favorite bands and when i was 14 years old i hugged the lead singer of the band! hahahah. good memories. one fun thing ive done this june is go hiking/rock climbing with a high school friend who i haven't seen foreverrrr!! i'm looking forward to going to daytrips to san francisco with my family!
my favorite time to exercise would probably be in the morning, though i love a sunset swim or run!!
I love the warm, summery feel of your new blog layout :)
I had a great night hanging out with a few of my friends on one of the last days I was in my college town. It was so much fun. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my best guy friend who is going to be home for the first time in 4 months tomorrow :D
I, too, am loving the new blog color and format! It's very cheerful and inviting!
I had a nice mini-vacation in California earlier in the month and was able to hang out with my brother, which was fun!
My German exchange "sister" is returning to the U.S. for a visit next week, and will be staying with me the entire month! We are really close, so I'm super excited to see her!
Morning workouts are the best. They wake me up and leave me feeling energized the rest of the day (as long as I get enough sleep the night before). :)
I hope I get to the beach by the end of June! Since it's been really hot that's the one thing I've been hankering to do...and to bring a big picnic along!
I prefer working out in the morning for the same reason as you, but that doesn't always get to happen :-(
ah LOVE this song! How the hell is the summer flying by so fast!? MAKE IT STOP!!!
hmm one fun thing I did was I finished my first grad class EVER and did better than expected woowoo. and I moved, which I am loving to death.
Happy wednesday gorgeous girl!
xo-Molly
www.givinganythingbutup.wordpress.com
I love that song! YOu know what the middle of June means? It's the middle of 2010. Yeah, I know. The other day I was saying the same thing to a friend that time is going by so quickly, and that feels like such an adult thing to say, but it's true.
I love your new layout, by the way!
I am such a morning workout gal, too! I have so much more energy first thing in the morning, and it sets a great tone for the day.
I always used to think 'the days are dragging by' when my mum used to say that the months were passing her by but as I've got older I am always saying that there is no time to do anything!! I can't believe that it the middle of June already, so much still to do. I'm looking forward to running my first proper race on Sunday but before then we are having a BBQ on Friday to celebrate the next England match. So looking forward to it after a busy week at work.
I'm all about the AM workout too...I run every day before work! This June my favorite thing so far has been my friends wedding last weekend, and I'm looking forward to my cousins wedding party (they already had a private ceremony) this weekend and my Dad's 50th birthday celebration next week...lots of family time & celebrating coming up, I love it!
Have a great day girl!
Summer is flying by! I love your new layout! I've been trying to comment on your last few post and blogger wouldnt let me.. :( I wonder if anyone else was having issues?
I'm in a work out rut lately. Neither morning or afternoon seems ok. Im just not enjoying it and cant seem to find the energy. although, im doing it anyway. I'll see how it goes today..
Dana <3
http://happinessiswithin.wordpress.com/
I love that song!
I totally agree about AM workouts. I get anxious throughout the day and like to just sweat it out in the morning.
p.s. Love the new layout :D
june has been WONDERFUL to me! went to a great concert (passion pit) and found a new apartment!
i wish wish i could be a morning worker outer, but i'm straight up a pm girl. i like the release after work.
i can't belieeeeeeve june is almost over!!! don't talk about it haha it won't happen then :)
love your salad beast! i haven't had fallafal in so long! i want so bad!! :)
totally agree that early morning workouts are the perfect start to the day!
Hooray for Jimmy Eat World. This month has flown! Actually the whole year has. Gorg salad. I meant to grab some hummus at the store last night, but forgot!!! I prefer to work out in the morning, but I really don't have time during the work week. I already get up at 4..so any earlier is crazy. I tried getting up at 3 for a while..but was a total zombie.
Vaca at the end of the month, baby! So stoked.
Love the pretty new layout! So sad June is almost over! I live for summer! I like early morning workouts to get it done for the day but I have a hard time waking up most mornings!
I wish I was a morning work-er-out-er, but no such luck. I have to leave the house at 6:30 to make it to work on time, and getting up at 5 isn't as doable as I'd like it to be.
This June I get to go to South Dakota this weekend, Texas the week after that, New York the week after that and then spend the 4th of July in Wisconsin. Yikes! :)
Have a lovely day, chica!
if i havent said it already- I LOVE THE LAYOUT!! so SHEEK And classy!!!
I love working out in the AM but I CANNOT and WILL NOT get up before 7AM to workout! that is insane in my vocab.. my body needs sleep more! hahah! maybe when im older I may tho!!
have a BEAUTIFUL DAY GIRL! isnt it crazy how time FLIES? ahh! LOVE YOU
Hey girl- I haven't been over here in a while, but I love the layout- very cute!
I am looking forward to being done with school for the quarter and getting some sleep :)
It really is so crazy that we're already half way through June...I can't believe it! Yay for summer :D Speaking of which - we should try to get together at the shore at some point, don't you think?!
I'm generally a morning exerciser, but not lately! The classes I like to go to at my gym are generally in the afternoon, so I use the morning for blog stuff (or sleeping in ;)). But when it comes down to it, I definitely prefer a good sweat session first thing in the morning!
One thing I'm looking forward to is next Thursday is when school is finished and I'm done teaching for the summer!! :)
I love a good morning workout. It definitely sets the tone for the day. But I also really enjoy ending my work day with a good class at the gym too. I keep things interesting!
As long as I'm not working out before I go to bed, it's a great time for me; however, I do especially lovey early morning workouts.
I going in vacation with maman next week and cannot wait. Also- my 21 is coming up in august and even though the days go by quickly it still seems like forever away!
Cute idea with th patriotic O.O.s!
yea i love morning workouts the best!! and i love larabars!! i wish mojos were wheat free!!! its so sad :(
xoxo
First, I LOVE the new blog look. That pinkish/salmon color is my very favorite.
Secondly, yay for raw chocolate cake!! I'm so happy you tried it, and thanks for the link love. ;-)
I also LOVE AM workouts - nothing beats running to a sunrise in my book.
hey love!! great new lay out! so pretty and neat :) well done!
my favorite time to workout is AM i love having it done for the day! although its also nice to break uo the day when I do it a bit later, so I think for me if I had my way in the morning, but any time that I can fit it in works!
AB and peach sandwich sounds so good right now!
Love the new layout!! I worked out this morning and it made me feel accomplished for the day!
Heyyyy girlie! I'm just catching up on blogs now...I dont know where I was haha. I love your new layout! It's so fun and fresh. The peach sandwich looks divine! Also that is my faaave larabar... definitely need to get those back into my life!
I usually work out in the evenings - I've never been that big of a morning person - but now I'm trying to get in like 20 minutes of light cardio or yoga in the morning when I wake up to get ready for my day. I also like having something to look forward to at the end of the day.
Fun things I'm looking forward to: Yoga in Times Square on the summer solstice and yoga in Central Park on the Great Lawn. Potentially epic haha...you should come to NY then, hint hint!
Gabriella, your blog looks fantastic girl!
I couldn't agree more with your reflection on how fast the time seems go by these days - more the reason to savour every moment!
xo
Post a Comment