Happy Halloween!!
It ended up being a good thing that I dressed up on Friday instead of last night! In preparation for today’s 12 mile run, I took it easy, eating a huge fried eggplant sub, pretzel slims and M&Ms at Mike’s for dinner, hanging out with friends, and getting into bed relatively early for a prime party weekend. I woke up ready to go!
Breakfast was the usual: Trader Joe’s High Fiber O’s, a banana and almond milk. I went back for another helping of O’s as well.
Mike had agreed to run the first six miles with me, so we headed up to Central Park and completed one loop before he went home. It helped tremendously to have him there while running! At mile 7 I started to lose steam, so I stopped and bought a Gatorade. I quickly chugged about half of it to minimize actually tasting it (I’ve loathed Gatorade since I was a kid), then took a few sips every mile for the remainder of the run. I didn’t notice a huge difference, but it couldn’t have hurt.
Mile 1- 9:07
Mile 2- 8:46
Mile 3- 8:42
Mile 4- 8:43
Mile 5- 8:48
Mile 6- 8:41
Mile 7- 8:50
Mile 8- 8:49
Mile 9- 9:13
Mile 10- 9:11
Mile 11- 9:19
Mile 12- 8:55
Average pace- 8:55
Total time- 1:47:02
Post run I hurried home for some food. I started off with a Barney Butter and pumpkin butter sandwich on sprouted bread.
As well as an entire bag of frozen pineapple chunks.
And half of my jumbo vegan brownie from lunch yesterday + a pumpkin spice scuffin.
No groceries = lots of baked goods instead :)
My appetite must still be catching up with me because all of that left me quite full! I have a feeling the snack monster will emerge within a few hours though…
This afternoon = homework, grocery shopping and sleep. Quite an eventful Halloween, I know!
Are you going out for Halloween this evening?
15 comments:
Well done on the 12 miles! :D And a pretty speedy one too!
Nah I'm not going out this evening...too much work to catch up on! We aren't anywhere near as big on Halloween here in England as you guys are anyway! :P I've actually never had any trick-or-treaters visit my house before! But the leftover treats we buy in preparation for them is definitely a good thing! :D
I went out on Friday night, so no going out for me today. I spent my day running 12 miles, too, so an early bed time will probably be in order!
Have a wonderful Sunday, get yourself some lovely groceries!
hahaha i'm gonna whine right now...
when are weeeeee gonna have a bloggie meetup! waaaah hahaha
anyways! i love your 60 second saltine challenge! hahaha i bet it was hilarious and you guys are so cute!
nice run and have a great sunday girl!!
WOW that is awesome girl!! good job! now RELAX and be lazy and eat and rest :) :)
Awesome job on the 12-miler! Refueling with baked goods sounds like a perfect idea to me!
I'll be taking my son trick-or-treating tonight! And of course, I'll be taste-testing the candy for safety purposes. ;) Have a great night!
Wow, awesome run! I definitely think it's very motivating to run with someone.
Tonight, I think I might head down to the parade for a little bit and then possibly do something after :)
I went out after work last night!! You should come visit sometime---I just started working at The Breslin--- lots of fun!
12 miles, WAY TO GO!! :) I haven't ran in a while, but I know I dont think Id be able to do 12!! what an accomplishment :)
I went out a little for Halloweeen, and as of now, the rest of the night is dedicated to studying & homework. haha like you said, "Quite an eventful Halloween" !!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
I'm a bit jealous you got your booty in bed at a reasonable time! :)my 14-miler was sleep-deprived. Do you always drink while running your long-runs? I'm trying to adopt the habit cuz i'm sure I'll want to drink during a mara..did it feel like liquid was slushing in your tum?
I hope you enjoy a relaxing sunday!
xoxo!
i admit that i love gatorade. i never buy it but i love it. i havent had it in years..since we lived in the south and i was running lots of 10ks and halfs and training in heat and humidity, tons. oh and when i was pregnant and puking for months on end, gatorade and saltines were my friends :)
i would have loved to see the costumes you encoutered this weekend. i too have seen some doosies, ahem. But not blogging material :)
It's great mike can hang for 6 miles with you...and that you run 12..like you can just do it in your sleep...wow!!
Congrats on the run! I always wish I had water with me on my runs, but I wouldn't know what to do with it. Did you just carry the Gatorade?
"No groceries = lots of baked goods instead" <-- I like your logic here. :D
Awesome run!
I'm wicked low on groceries too, yet for some reason have a freezer full of cookies...
Awesome job with the 12 miler! You go girl!
I actually went out last weekend for Halloween, and not this weekend, which was kind of weird, but whatever. It was still fun.
And I loathe Gatorade too!
congrats!! good job. :) you looked so cute in your halloween pics. happy halloween!
Wow great job on the run! When is your race?
Post a Comment