Monday, November 29, 2010

Cheerio!

Back in NYC at last!!

It was tough to say goodbye to my beautiful house this morning, but knowing I’ll be back in two weeks made it far easier. I can never decide whether I’m a city or country girl- when I’m home I miss the city, and when I’m in the city I miss home!

For breakfast this morning, I poured myself a big bowl of Cheerios and banana.


Cheerios are quickly heading to the top of my favorite cereal list. They may not be protein or fiber-packed, but they have a short, pronounceable ingredient list and barely any sugar. Plus, they remind me of being a kid!


My train ride back was quick and easy. I’d packed a simple lunch to eat on the ride:


Maranatha peanut butter on Alvarado bread, with baby carrots, a gala apple and two mini cashew cookie Larabars.

I’m currently noshing on a bowl of Three Sisters Honey Oaties. It’s literally the only ready-to-eat food I have in my apartment right now- I really need to go grocery shopping!


Told you I’ve been loving the O’s lately J

Off to class- cheerio!

Did you grow up in the city or the country? Where do you live now? Do you ever miss your hometown?

24 comments:

freya said...

I've grown up in the country (I could scream blue murder and no-one would hear me :'() but I wish I lived in a city!! I'd miss the peace..but it sucks being so cut off from the world. The cinema is a 50minute drive for goodness' sake!

Amanda (Eating Up) said...

I grew up in the county haha. I live in the city now, and I can't decide either. I think I like living on the outskirts of the city best. It's like getting both worlds!

Liz said...

I can relate to the urban/rural dilemma. I lived in NYC two years ago, and missed home. Now that I'm back, I miss NYC! Such is life, I suppose!

Anonymous said...

I'm from the suburbs of Chicago - I dislike being in the city. I'm in the perfect location for me!

Matt said...

I am a total city boy! I need a Whole Foods near me ;)

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

It is hard leaving home!! I love cheerio's mmmhh. I live ten minutes from where I grew up in a medium sized city.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate, I grew up in the country frequently visiting NYC because a lot of my mom's family lives around here. I decided early on that I wanted to go to school in the city so here I am. Its my first year away and I love it but being home for Thanksgiving was amazing too, I missed being able to drive and see cows!

fittingbackin said...

I grew up in a small city in southeast Alabama! I went to school in a small city 2 hours north of there, then went to Atlanta! I much prefer the conveniences big cities offer, but could deal without the traffic. :)

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would, but now that I've lived far from home for going on ten years, I really miss it!!

Christina said...

haha you love the o's? sorry my head is in the gutter but that made me giggle :) i've always lived in suburbs and wouldn't trade it! wait, jk, i lived in the city for 2 yrs of college. i didn't enjoy it as much as i should have.

Julie said...

ahhh good to be back? haha not for long! 15 days is SO soon :) :) for me too it's crackdown time especially because i stink and left everything to the last minute! gah!

Anonymous said...

I've grown up in the city and i LOVE it because I always feel like i go out and do something! I wouldn't want to be in all the business of a major city though.. but 20 minutes away is perf!

Sana said...

I would love to live in a city, but I have lived in a subarb my whole life.
OMG a big bowl of Cheerios and banana is the BEST combo everrr!

Jess@atasteofconfidence said...

I grew up in the suburbs, and go to school in a suburb like area, now too. I want to live in a city for a couple years but I think eventually I'll settle in more of a country environment:)

Jennifer said...

I'm from the suburbs but I go to school in Boston. I'm not sure which I like better. Can't beat good ol' cheerios (after all, it's in the name of my blog!)

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) said...

I live in the suburbs, which is perfect for me. Near the country and a 15min train journey to central London! Can't beat that IMHO! :D

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you - there is nothing better than a big bowl of Cheerios with big chunks of banana, all in a cold milk bath. Now I sub almond milk in for the 2% that I used as a kid, but it still does the trick.

Jaclyn said...

I'm totally with you - I grew up in the "country" too (well, an island) and now live in the city. This weekend, being home, being in nature, made me realize that I DO miss it, but also LOVE living in a faster paced city.. so best of both worlds I guess!

Used to love honey nut cheerios / regular cheerios, but seriously you NEED to try Trader Joe's soy and flax cereal. SO. GOOD. totally changed my opinion of cereal in general! ;)

Have a great week!

Jessica @ How Sweet said...

I grew up in the subarbs and still live here... came back after college. I love it.

Dianne said...

I try to get 'healthier' cereals than Cheerios, but whenever the bf has them in the apartment I end up eating them all the time! They're addictive!

Chelsea said...

I'm with you on the Cheerios love! I actually preferred them to sugary cereals when I was a kid. Geez, I was a weird child. :P

I grew up in the suburbs, but my school is in a bigger city. I prefer my hometown though - I love the feeling of community there!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I grew up in the country and now I'm living in the biggest city in the country - not to mention I'm on the opposite coast from where I grew up! When I'm in the country I miss the city and vice versa. I think it's because I love both. I also just love to be home, wherever it is. I could be living in the city or the country, when I leave my home I start to miss it after a few days.

Maria said...

I love cheerios with bananas :-) They are my favorite. I grew up in the suburbs, not quite the "country" and I now live in the heart of Chicago. I love them both. I like going back to my parents (who now live in the country) it's a nice escape from the city every now and then. Life slows down just a little bit. But I my heart will always belong to the city.

Chuck said...

I love Cheerios- but Multigrain Cheerios the best. I organize a little sampling of each by type first and try to taste the difference haha.

Post a Comment