Happy Friday, everyone!
Since last night ended relatively early (I am not a late-night person, no matter what the situation), I was up and at 'em by my regular hour, ready to start the day.
I had my favorite cereal breakfast- Cheerios, blueberries, and almond milk- before heading to the gym for my second long run of half marathon training. The streets are full of slush and ice, so treadmill it was.
Apparently raw desserts do something to my energy levels, because I felt like I could have run forever! I completed 8 miles in 1:04:55- about an 8:07 average pace. Treadmill runs are generally easier than outdoor ones though, so I need to wait for the snow to melt a bit to test my real pace.
Post-run, lunch was had.
A delicious roasted seaweed, spinach, tomato and hummus salad:
This sounds weird, but tasted absolutely amazing. Just try it, okay?
Along with an apple and almond butter-ed sandwich thin:
And a random container of vegan tofu salad I picked up the last time I went grocery shopping. Recreating this stuff has been on my to-do list for far too long now.
Currently, I'm snacking on a plate of almond butter and chocolate chip stuffed medjool dates, as I contemplate actually getting some homework done...
I'm a lucky girl, because I get to celebrate my birthday yet again this evening. I can already taste the chocolate-peanut butter bomb...