Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ka-Pow!

The best part about switching gyms so far has been that my motivation instantly increased. I'm looking forward to workouts more than ever, and I'm more excited to try new routines and classes that challenge my body in different ways.  This morning, for instance, I took a kickboxing class that kicked my butt! I'm the least coordinated human being on the planet, so I'm pretty sure I looked like a total loon, but it was so much fun to jump around and pretend to be a badass while jamming out to pop remixes.

After the class, I had a complimentary fitness test with a trainer. She tested my maximal oxygen uptake, body fat, flexibility and a few other factors. I already had a good idea of where I was in terms of those things, but it's always interesting to see how your body is performing!

* * *

Before hitting the gym, I snacked on a sandwich thin topped with peanut flour paste (1/4 c peanut flour, cinnamon, stevia and a splash of water).


When I got home, I was craving something filling and refreshing, so I broke out the blender and made myself a green monster.


 - 1 banana
 - 1 apple
 - 1 grapefruit
 - almond milk
 - two big handfuls of spinach
 - scoop of vanilla Sun Warrior
 - two spoonfuls ground flax meal
 - agave

As you can see, this combination made a ton. It was good, but next time I won't be adding grapefruit. My blender here just isn't powerful enough to get rid of the pulp!


I also had a dense little chunk of raw chocolate cake for my sweet tooth.


Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday so far!

Have you ever had a "fitness test" done? Were you surprised by the results?