Whenever I eat salads, soups, casseroles or any other dish containing multiple components, I always save the best for last. I can't remember the last time I was an equal-opportunity eater! Case in point: tonight's tropical salad, a repeat of Sunday night's dinner.
Just a mix of spinach, tomatoes, carrots, mango and Caribbean tofu, covered in Bragg's Hawaiian dressing and sprinkled with black pepper. Plus two slices of sprouted bread on the side for carbs.
The spinach and tomatoes were the first to go, in that order. I like spinach and really love tomatoes as well, but they were undoubtedly the most boring ingredients in this particular combination.
Carrots were next to be eaten. They're slightly sweet, and therefore beat the former two as a "fun" salad component.
The tofu went next! It had a slight spicy kick to it that I loved, but didn't want lingering in my mouth post-meal.
Which left only the sweet, succulent mango. The perfect way to end a meal. (In case you're wondering, I ate the bread between the veggies and the tofu/mango. There is a method to my madness, I swear.)
Of course, the mango wasn't really last, because dessert always has to follow dinner!
A plate of dates, sunflower seeds and a gala apple. I think I preferred the mango to all of them, though!
Currently, I'm sipping on my favorite cozy drink: almond milk with maple syrup and cinnamon. Warms my soul.
Time to go do that silly homework thing. Enjoy your evening!
Do you save the best for last? What's your all-time favorite salad ingredient?