Though breakfast is often my favorite meal of the day, in many ways I'm a breakfast weirdo.
You see, I've always been picky about my breakfasts. Even when I ate meat, I never liked bacon. OJ in the morning makes my throat sting. I don't know how to make real coffee. I've never had a breakfast sandwich. And as for eggs, I only like them soft-boiled with toast strips for dipping. There is no method to my madness.
Conversely, the traditional things I do like are random, too: scrapple (until I found out what's in it, that is), I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray atop my pancakes, and bowls of fiber cereal so large that people fear sitting next to me after I eat them.
The thing is, I really don't think I'm a picky eater. I've always been pretty adventurous when it comes to eating new stuff (I've had raw jellyfish tentacles and sea urchin) and I'll try anything except meat, but "regular" foods are what I'm pickiest about. I'm weird, I know.
Another thing I've been loving lately? The Fitnessista's cookie dough cereal!
To make the "cookie dough," I combined 1/2 c rolled oats with a scoop of Sun Warrior vanilla protein (my new bag finally arrived yesterday!), a hefty spoonful of almond butter and a splash of water to thin everything out. I topped it with frozen raspberries and almond milk before digging in.
Sun Warrior, I've missed you- other protein powders just don't compare!!
Doing a strength training workout yesterday morning may not have been a great idea, because I'm taking a Physique 57 class this afternoon and my muscles are sore. This could get interesting.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
What foods or meals are you pickiest about?