I enjoyed a tempeh-quinoa stuffed green pepper from last night, alongside a chunk of raw chocolate cake and a perfectly crisp apple.
The cake was the best part of lunch by far- just look how dark and chocolatey it is!
* * *
Though Valentine's day is undoubtedly a big time of the year for expensive, sparkly gifts, I've never been much of a jewelry girl myself. My collection is rather small, and I tend to wear the same few simple pieces every day- I prefer things that mean a lot to me! Today I'm wearing three of my three favorites.
Mike gave me this silver Titanic charm for my birthday last year, and I wear it all the time. I've gotten a lot of questions about it, but it's just so "me" :)
In addition, I have on two rings:
The one on the left was a gift from my parents for my seventeenth birthday and is inscribed with the words "What barrier is there that love cannot break? -Ghandi." It's such a beautiful thought to be reminded of every time I look at my hands. The one on the left is my high school class ring, which I wear every day. I've been told it's kind of uncool to still be wearing it, but what can I say- I loved my high school!
Are you a jewelry-wearer? Do you prefer simple things or statement looks? What's the most sentimental piece you own?