Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The New York Diet

As food bloggers (and food blog readers), I'd say we all have a pretty large interest in what other people eat. Hey, some people watch football or play the guitar....I take pictures of my food. No big.

Well, New York Magazine has an amazing feature on their website called the "New York Diet, " in which they feature a celebrity or prominent chef/foodie's eats for a week. I kind of love it. (I actually posted about this about a year ago, but it's cool enough to warrant a double mention.) Some of my favorite entries?

 - Moby, who I actually think eats most similarly to me of all the people they've featured
 - Jacques Torres, because he eats a lot of chocolate
 - Alessandra Ambrosio, just because I was interested to see what she actually eats (a "bit" of a lot)
 - Michael Pollan, since his eating philosophy is so popular (and wise) right now

If you could see what any celebrity ate for a day, whose plate would you be most interested in?


* * *

Though I usually save almost-empty nut butter jars to make OIAJ, this afternoon I got the brilliant idea to kill two birds with one stone and add a handful of dates to the jar as a portable class snack.


I popped 'em in after the photo and ate it in class with a spoon. Yes, I got weird looks, but it was totally worth it.


After a long afternoon of classes, I was ready for an easy dinner! Fortunately, I still have quite a few PB&Co. sandwiches left to eat. Tonight's choice was the dark chocolate dreams, with cherry jam and coconut flakes.


I also had one of my coconut scones (which apparently should not be refrigerated, because this dude was a little hard):


And an apple + two Lindt chocolate squares that went unpictured. You all know what they look like by now :)

Short and sweet post tonight...I've got a lot to check off of my to-do list before heading home tomorrow!! Enjoy your evening!