Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Uniform Question

Some mornings, I stand before my (uncharacteristically messy) closet with absolutely no clue as to what I want to wear.


It's mornings like this where I wish that college had uniforms. Really.

The only uniformed picture I could find of myself. Awkward.
In my high school, the hemline regulation wasn't enforced, sneakers were totally acceptable, and we went on the honor system- meaning that even if you were horrendously out of uniform, you couldn't get detention or demerits. Bonus: since it was all-girls, brushing your hair (or showering, for that matter) was completely optional. And shaving your legs? What's that? Looking back, it was kind of gross...and kind of awesome, too.

 * * *

A large part of today's outfit woes are due to the fact that I'm feeling a bit under the weather. My alarm went off this morning at 5:45, and the second I opened my eyes I realized a workout just wasn't happening. I don't skip often, but my head was pounding, my throat was scratchy and I knew I needed rest!

Instead, I slept until 7:15 and then enjoyed a coconut scone with Crofter's for breakfast.


I also had a banana on the side, but it was too bruised to make a pretty picture!


Hoping this headache subsides before class this morning. Happy hump day, everyone :)

Have you ever had to wear a uniform for work or school? Do you think they're a good idea for kids? I honestly think that every school should have a uniform. Not only does it save time and money, but it is somewhat of an equalizer. Yes, shoe styles or backpacks will still determine your coolness factor, but in general I think it does help.