- Yes, it's the usual Tax Day.
- Yes, it's the beautiful Katie's birthday.
- Yes, it's the 56th birthday of McDonald's.
But I'm not talking about any of those things. Still stumped?
It's the 99th anniversary of the Titanic sinking. Come on, you knew that!
My Titanic obsession has always been my biggest quirk. I've been interested in the story since 1996, when I toured the Queen Mary with my parents and bought the book Polar the Titanic Bear in the gift shop. Because of the movie, many people say they were once "obsessed" with the ship too, but trust me- NO ONE was as obsessed as I was. No one. I had an entire bookshelf of books about it. I knew each of the ranking officers' names and positions. If you'd given me a blank map of the ship, I would have given you a perfect blueprint in return. I could tell you how each of the prominent passengers gained their fortune. And, oh yeah, I wrote my college essay about it.
Yeah, still think you're as obsessed as I was? Didn't think so. I'm such a Titanic snob :)
| Making a Titanic diorama with my dad, circa 1997. |
So yes, April 15 is an important day to me. By the way, did you know that they're digitally remastering the movie in 3D for an April 2012 release? Get excited.
* * *
Now that I've successfully geeked myself out and scared half my readers away, here's breakfast!
I poured myself a whopping bowl of LoveGrown Foods sweet cranberry pecan granola, and topped it with a sliced banana.
This bowl was absolutely monstrous. There were several servings left in the bag, and for some reason I opted to pour it all in instead of saving some for later. Bad call- one of the few times my eyes have ever been too big for my stomach!
I ended up tossing about a serving's worth of soggy cereal. Granola is much denser than it seems!
Going to a strength training class at the gym this morning. Happy Friday!
What's your nerdiest interest? After the above proclamation, I hope that no one is too embarrassed to spill...
