Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dirt Free is the Way to Be

Well, I'm glad I can cross one major thing off of today's to-do list: my apartment is spick and span!


I'm a pretty clean person in general, but it's been awhile since I really put some elbow grease into cleaning the shower, throwing out old papers, and vacuuming up all nine million long blond hairs on the floor. I have a phobia that my apartment will become infested with mice and roaches if I leave it even the slightest bit dirty for an extended period of time!

I can see my desk again!
I even got down on my hands and knees to scrub the floor- sometimes Mr. Swiffer just doesn't cut it. Too bad the scratched wood ruins the shininess!


I also took my tablecloth to get cleaned for the first time in months. I have a feeling it's going to come back three shades lighter than it was...

Pros of card tables: you don't have to worry about scratching, staining or burning them.
By the way, have I ever showed you guys my super-professional photography setup?


Two Zappos boot boxes, with various placemats and tea towels thrown over top of them. I set it up on top of my radiator, so I've been moving it from floor to ledge all winter. Warm weather means I can leave it there without burning down the building!

* * *

After I'd satisfied my spring cleaning urges, I headed to the gym for a workout: just 50 minutes on the elliptical at level 5. I like intervals, but sometimes I'm just more in the mood for steady-state cardio.

For lunch, I ate a take-out container of seitan "veggie turkey," which I doctored up with a portion of frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots for some extra nutrients.


Plus an apple and a bowl of LoveGrown foods apple walnut delight granola.


I'm headed to a coffeeshop this afternoon to get some work done. Clearly, I cannot be trusted to do work if there is anything around to clean or organize.

How often do you really clean your home? What's one chore you always seem to let fall by the wayside? I am not a fan of cleaning the shower. It's just so slimy and mucky and gross. How do I make something so dirty while trying to get clean?