Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chocolate Taste Test

I got an exciting package in the mail today!

As part of the Lindt Influencers Excellence Club, I was sent two new flavors of their chocolate to sample and review: 70% Cocoa Almond Brittle, and 70% Cocoa Nut Crunch.


I'm a huge fan of Lindt chocolate in general because it's a.) smooth and delicious, b.) easy to find and c.) relatively inexpensive. My favorite flavors are their sea salt and chili dark chocolate, but obviously I don't discriminate too much when it comes to chocolate.

I tried the two flavors side-by-side:


My thoughts? While the two flavors were really similar, I definitely preferred the cocoa nut crunch to the almond brittle. The former had small pieces of walnuts and hazelnut throughout, while the latter was solely almonds. There aren't many bars that combine two nuts, and the result was a really unique taste that was naturally slightly sweeter than the almond bar. Of course, the almond brittle was still great- I liked how the brittle gave it a lighter, crunchy texture- but the cocoa nut was absolutely the shining star!

* * *

In other news, I just got home from a night out with some of my close high school friends in Philadelphia. We did some happy hour bar hopping and eventually ended up at a divey place called Drinkers with an amazing DJ- "Don't Stop Believin'," "American Girl" and "Baby Got Back" were all played. I love a bar that goes beyond Top 40. I mean, it's so much more entertaining when everyone's just screaming along to the same song than when they're awkwardly bobbing to Nicky Minaj...

Off to bed for me. G'night!

What's your all-time favorite chocolate bar? And do you prefer new music or slightly more old-school stuff?