* * *
Hi Une Vie Saine readers! I’m Chelsey and I blog over at Clean Eating Chelsey.
If I look familiar, that is because I spent a fair amount of time last month
gallivanting around NYC with Gabriela! There’s a good chance you don’t know me,
though, and in that case, allow me to introduce myself!
1.
I
have one child, who has four legs and name is Charlie. He is basically the love
of my life (but don’t tell the Husband).
2.
I
am an elementary school teacher who is sadly counting down the last few days of
my summer break before the next school year begins.
3.
I
am sarcastic – like extremely sarcastic. Some call it a defense mechanism, I
call it a great sense of humor.
4.
I
enjoy running, baking, cooking, and a good sangria in the summer time.
Okay, I feel better now that we are much more acquainted.
One of the most fun parts about being a food blogger is the
amount of recipes I have made and acquired in my cookbook over the last 14
months of my life. I have tried a lot of recipes out for myself – some that
were successful and others that were full on failures. The bad part about being
a food blogger is I rarely make the same recipe twice – sometimes for new blog
content, but mainly because I forget about my old recipes very quickly.
There are a few recipes, however, that absolutely cannot
slip my mind due to their awesomeness. One of them is Creamy Pasta Primavera, which I made earlier this spring.
It is a recipe that calls for great summer vegetables that I
am sure you have (one too) many on hand at the moment. Why not use them up in
this great pasta dish?
Creamy Pasta
Primavera
(serves 3-4)
· 4-6 ounces brown rice
elbow pasta, dry
· 3/4 cups frozen peas
· 1/2 red onion, sliced
in thin wedges
· 6 cremini mushrooms,
sliced
· 1/2 zucchini, sliced
thickly and halved
· 1/3 cup sun dried
tomatoes
· 1 tbsp. olive oil
· 1/2 tsp. granulated
garlic
· 1/2 tsp. basil
· 1/4 tsp. oregano
· salt and pepper to
taste
Directions: Begin by bringing
water to a boil in a medium sized saucepan for the elbow pasta. While waiting
for the water to boil, cut up your vegetables and place in a large stir fry pan
(with the exception of the sundried tomatoes) with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Heat on
medium high heat, stirring frequently for ~5 minutes. Add spices, lower heat,
and cover. Continue heating until vegetables are tender. When the water comes
to a boil, add your pasta and cook per the directions on the package. While the
pasta is cooking, whip up your batch of cream sauce. Once the pasta is tender,
drain the pasta, add your vegetables and cream sauce – stir to coat and add sun
dried tomatoes on top.
One of the best parts about this dish is that it can be
modified to the ingredients you have on hand! Don’t have zucchini? Use
eggplant! No mushrooms? No problem! Using up all the summer produce I have from
my garden can be a feat, so I am glad I have a go to recipe like this pasta
dish to use some of them up!


